Helping teams and organisations soak in the Agile values and principles. This group is dedicated to specific tools or techniques coaches use to help agile teams.

Using Fluency Model for Coaching Agile Team?

Tagged: 

1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by  Karthik Kamal Balasubramaniam 2 years, 7 months ago
  • Author

Naresh Jain
    Keymaster
    @naresh-jain

Over the last 6 months, we’ve used a slightly tweaked fluency model to help organisations understand how much investment is required and what outcomes can be expected at each level. Its been quite useful for us.

I’m curious to know if anyone has experimented with it and what they found?

Karthik Kamal Balasubramaniam
    Participant
    @karthikkamalbalasubramaniam

My experience with this model is at infancy. I did have some trouble introducing this model to my teams. I remember how the team members refused to place themselves at a particular level of fluency even for the sake of discussion and denied the entire model. Primarily because they expected a ‘prescriptive’ model, which would exactly tell them the do’s and dont’s to be at a particular level of fluency. However, this did help me build a conversation around the needs of the team and move forward with the engagement.
    Having attended Diana’s session at Agile India 2015, I resonate with some of her ideas and I think this time I could do better.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.